Employment Opportunities at Utility
Graphics - Walnut, CA
Entry level Graphics position starting at $10.00 hr. Hand application of graphics on vinyl side curtains for trailer sides. Consists of cutting letters by hand and ink application. Should have artistic ability, understand color theory, read cad drawings/prints. Airbrushing skills a plus. Willing to train.
Applications can be submitted at 301 Paseo Tesoro, Walnut, CA 91789 Between 8:00 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. 800-525-5140
Quality Assurance Coordinator - City of Industry, CA
Large Commercial tractor-trailer manufacturer has an opportunity available for an individual with excellent technical and mechanical aptitude and above average communication skills to work in our Quality Assurance Department. Background in engineering or quality control preferred. Travel of one or two weeks per month is required. Qualified person must be able to use Word and Excel. Strong backgrounds in engineering and quality control are preferred.
- Plant/Corporate communication.
- Travel to production plants (one to two weeks per month).
- Manufacturing plant audit.
- Maintain quality manual using Word and Excel.
- Review quality reports.
- Product failure evaluation.
- Vendor and product audit.
- Management of technical/quality projects.
- Statistical Control Evaluation.
E-mail resumes to: email@example.com or FAX to: (626) 964-3314.
Welder/Fabricator - Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co. has an excellent career opportunity for an individual to perform journeyman-level welding, machining, and fabrication of metals for its R&D facility located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. This position will play a key role in the fabrication of tooling, fixtures and automated machines to further advance UTM’s manufacturing processes to support all manufacturing facilities located throughout the U.S. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and be able to apply appropriate machining & welding techniques to industry standards. This position reports directly to our Shop Supervisor. Job responsibilities include: Assembles and tack-welds steel frames and other component parts of machinery and equipment in preparation for final welding: Measures and marks location and layouts for metal components on assembly table and/or jigs. Verifies position of metal components in assembly, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and tape measure prior to final farication. Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills and lathes. Will work closely with engineers and co-workers to resolve machining and/or assembly problems. Will assemble machines, equipment, and their subassemblies, in accordance with engineering prints and/or other written and verbal specifications. Drills, taps, or reams holes, using drill press or portable drill.
- Must have 3~5 years of prior hands on experience in welding and fabricating parts for jigs, fixtures and automated equipment.
- Must be able to interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process.
- Must be able to understand and use all related hand and power tools along with conventional milling & lathe machines.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics is preferred.
- Ability to read schematics a big plus.
- Experience with MIG, TIG, Stick welding and torch cutting is a must.
- Must be capable of bending, stooping, crawling as well as lifting up to 50 lb.
Please send your resume and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Utility Trailer Mfg. Co. 17295 E. Railroad Street, City of Industry, CA 91748
National Accounts Manager, Aftermarket - Batavia, OH
The National Accounts Manager, Aftermarket reports to the Director of Aftermarket and supports National Account customers with access to corporate representation on issues in the aftermarket such as pricing, logistics & special programs designed to fit their needs. The National Accounts Manager will be the fleets’ primary contact on all issues related to parts sales, National Fleet Parts Program details, and dealer related issues.
- Primary point of contact for all fleets involved in the National Fleet Parts Program or a National Account.
- Present programs to prospective accounts and dealers.
- Formulate and communicate NFPP price files as well as any special programs/pricing to the fleets and dealers involved.
- Actively prospect and support trailer sales/national accounts for new fleets and programs.
- Communicate program details to Director of Aftermarket, aftermarket sales & dealer network.
- Create new systems and programs to fit the needs of our fleet customers.
- Be able to work with many different departments including trailer sales, field service, finance and IT.
- Work with dealers with national accounts in their areas to best services those accounts.
- Coordinate with PDC on stocking items and stocking levels to service fleets.
- Requires prior truck trailer sales/HD aftermarket experience.
- Requires prior fleet sales experience in the HD aftermarket.
- Requires up to 50% travel time to visit dealers.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as a team player.
- Requires ability to communicate and interact at all levels of an organization.
- Requires ability to handle change and must have proficient organizational skills.
- Requires advanced computer skills. Proficient in Word, Excel & Powerpoint.
- Possess financial ability and acumen to fund reimbursable travel expenses within the guidelines of UTMC travel policies.
Drafting Mechanical - Corporate Office - City of Industry, CA
Create Drawing and Bills of Materials required to support manufacturing plants in production of trailers on a per order basis. Understanding of sheet metal, structural fabrication, and welding. We deal with many types of materials like wood, plastic, aluminum, urethane foams and steels. Many types of fasteners are used. Learning processes and capability of our manufacturing in order to be able to design solution to customer requirement on various areas of the trailer, including but not limited to lower front subframe support, landing leg, lower rear subframe support, suspensions, braking, electrical and thermal performance. Resolve conflicts between various options called out on special trailer orders. Interacting with sales, engineering, outside suppliers, and other departments as required. Working knowledge of CAD software package. Drafting personnel are trained in-house. AS400 data entry and retrieval training provided.
- Two-year degree preferred in Mechanical Engineering.
- Understanding of drafting standards.
- Three years minimum experience in design of sheet metal or structural fabrication and welding.
- Excellent communication & organizational skills.
- Enjoy learning and working with people.
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills.
- Self motivated.
- Willing to accept responsibility, work independently, and follow directions.
Please send your resume and salary history to Utility Trailer Mfg. Co. at: email@example.com 17295 Railroad Street City of Industry, CA 91748.
Every trailer manufactured and sold by Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company is backed by a 5-year warranty policy.
WE INVITE YOU TO SUCCEED WITH US
For nearly a hundred years, Utility Trailer has been a great place to work. As a family owned business, we stand behind our people. If you are looking for a place to grow while earning a competitive salary and great benefits, give us a call. We are looking for people who make a difference and will help us to keep Utility the First Name in Trailers.