Utility Trailer is the leading trailer manufacturer of quality, light Weight, high value dry vans, reefers (refrigerated vans) flatbeds and customizable commercial trailer in the world. Our Clearfield, Utah plant is currently accepting applications for an Automation Engineer (Intern).
- Some experience and or programming in robotics and controls is a plus.
- Some knowledge of designing, programming, and installation of control systems a plus.
- Ability to problem solve and support continuous improvement activities.
- Assist in preparing for future projects by requesting the purchase of needed materials, parts, and equipment.
- Willing to learn how to plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency and safety.
- Obtain, correlate, and analyze technical information.
- Willing to learn and develop, recommend, and maintains process documentation.
- Willing to work with vendors to determine product specifications and arranges for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Works with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Willing to learn design and improve manufacturing methods.
- Willing to learn how to design automated equipment and troubleshooting processes.
- Previous process/controls (Allen Bradley PLC) system development or product launch experience is a plus.
- Willing to learn how to evaluates and implement cost savings opportunities for the equipment and facility.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must maintain and be willing to learn and understand leading-edge technology.
- Good equipment/electrical troubleshooting skills is a plus.
- Must be willing to learn how to interpret and markup electrical schematics.
- Proficiency using Solid Works and AutoCAD is a plus.