Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company, LLC (“UTMC”) is a leading refrigerated semi-trailer manufacturer with six factories in the United States and Mexico. We are seeking experienced Mechanical Engineers with knowledge of structural analysis and product development using current applications and methods.
- Interfacing with various stakeholders in the company and the trucking transportation industry to design and develop solutions to meet the many new industry challenges in delivering product to North American companies and consumers.
- Appreciating and respecting the balance between customer demands and company objectives with a focus on adding value while developing and improving safe and sustainable products for the transportation industry.
- Understand and solve structural issues and be able to effectively describe and explain them to not only other engineers, but non-engineers as well.
- Develop modern solutions that include design and processes for modern fabrication, assembly, and manufacturing in various manufacturing areas that incorporate modern plastic composite materials as well as high strength aluminum, and steel alloys.
- Collaborate well with other disciplines in the organization such as Production, Quality Control, Cost Accounting, Environmental and Safety, and Sales
- Be proficient in CAD solid modeling, simulation, and finite element analysis.
- Conduct tests and evaluate results at R&D facilities and factories.
- Some air travel to factories, R&D facilities, suppliers, customers, and dealerships