This position is responsible for the implementation and support of manufacturing engineering directives such as Lean Manufacturing, Manufacturing Excellence, Automation and Robotics activities.
- Learn about UTM and how our business is run by spending time on the production floor with supervisors, QC and the workforce
- You will analyze and design sequence of operations and workflow to improve efficiencies.
- Support and optimize fabrication production by reducing planned and unplanned downtime.
- Support facility layout and design; equipment relocation and layout optimization projects.
- Completing 5S events and audits showing improvement in manufacturing, fabrication, and assembly areas.
- Review and audit Operation Summary Shifts (OSS) to standardize processes across production and between shifts.
- Spend a minimum 40% of their time on the plant floor working and communicating with plant personnel.