Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co. is looking for a capable and motivated individual for the part-time position of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Intern. This individual will provide support in the areas of Environment, Health, Safety, Training, and Worker’s Compensation. Reporting to the EHS Manager, the EHS Intern will assist the EHS Manager in occupational safety and environmental compliance at the facility.
- Provide general administrative support to the EHS Manager for Plant safety-related programs, processes and procedures.
- Update and maintain EHS-related records, files and bulletin boards. Input and maintain information into computer databases as required.
- Assist with preparing and submitting reports and certifications related to EHS requirements, to include hazardous waste, stormwater, air permits and other environmental programs.
- Maintain inventory of First Aid, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other safety-related supplies.
- Issue supplies to employees as necessary and maintain database of PPE and safety supply usage.
- Assist with coordinating, scheduling and communicating doctors appointments for employees related to workers compensation.
- Assist with scheduling and communicating EHS-required training, testing and events, to include Hearing Testing, Safety Boot Truck visits, hazardous waste pick up, and annual surveillance testing for welders, painters and blast booth personnel.
- Participate in EHS-related new hire orientation training.
- Other EHS projects and tasks as determined by the EHS Manager.