Under general direction, the Accounting Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and leadership of the Accounting Department for our Aftermarket parts division, The position performs a wide range of accounting duties including analysis, preparation, and maintenance of financial records and reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
The candidate must be able to apply the appropriate level of knowledge to make recommendations with respect to work/process flows and be able to document, communicate and implement changes that will enhance or support the Company’s internal control policies.
- Manage a timely and accurate General Ledger closing process.
- Ensure prompt and accurate reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts.
- Journal entries
- Analyzing monthly variances and conducting appropriate research on variances
- Oversee and review the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Interact with other departments as well as corporate accounting and factory management to ensure timely communication and resolution of all accounting related issues.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the company’s financial reporting requirements and general ledger structure.
- Assist to support external and internal audits
- Coordinate with Corporate Accounting to year-end audit requirements
- Assist with A/P, Vendor, Receiving and inventory issues as necessary
- Manage all department staff
- Special projects or assignments as necessary