The IT Systems Administrator will maintain all telecommunications, server, network, and client workstation infrastructure for their local manufacturing facilities. This position provides day-to-day, hands on hardware and software support and works with the Operations IT Manager to identify and implement new technology solutions. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of and hands on experience with: computer networking, workstation/server management in a MS Windows environment, and help desk responsibilities.
- Install and configure the following:
- Servers/workstations/virtual machines
- Data storage devices
- Network routers and switches
- Telecommunication hardware/software
- Computer operating systems
- Manage user accounts for computer and telecom systems
- Assist in training users on the use of hardware, software, and company systems
- Identify and troubleshoot network performance issues
- Provide user support for applications (MS Office, email, AS400, AX, etc…)
- Ensure system compliance with company, factory, and IT policies
- Manage security practices to ensure the protection of company information
- Coordinate with system vendors and consultants
- Coordinate projects and break/fix issues with Application and Operation Administrators.
- Assist and collaborate with users and other system administrators (locally and at other facilities) on creating solutions that solve problems and/or improve processes