WHO WE ARE
Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company (Utility), a 105-year-old family-owned business, is a semi-trailer manufacturer headquartered in City of Industry, California, with plants in multiple states within the United States and one plant in Mexico.
The Plant Manager must be a critical thinker who has extensive management-level experience in the heavy manufacturing industry. The Plant Manager will lead the plant management team in all aspects of operations including, but not limited to, Safety, Quality, Production, People, Process Improvement, and Cost Control. The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall performance and profitability of the Plant. The Plant Manager is responsible for mentoring/coaching the management team to ensure success and growth of the plant and staff. The Plant Manager will lead by example, taking and giving constructive criticism, demonstrating a strong work ethic, achieving performance excellence, and being collaborative and a team player. The plant manager will serve as role model to others and behave in a way that actively supports and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace, being aware of and managing unconscious bias.
- Direct and coordinate daily plant operations, ensuring that the plant has the necessary resources and people to accomplish Utility’s goals — completing implementation and maximizing utilization of D365, embedding 5S within daily plant operations, problem solving, leadership development, profitability, performance/results, and customer focus.
- Master knowledge and understanding of semi-trailers and trailer production.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Spend a minimum 40% of their time on the plant floor communicating to all levels of plant personnel.
- Serve as the lead on any internship programs.
- Ensure safety is a priority, working with Environmental Health & Safety, Production, and the work force to reduce accidents, lost work time, light duty and other safety issues and to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local health, safety, and environmental laws and regulations.
- Work through the production management team to meet the corporate goals for basing, billing, units in process, efficiency and inventory turns.
- Work with the quality team to ensure proper inspection is being done, including root cause analysis of issues and warranty claims.
- Develop and recommend capital Improvement projects.