Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co. is looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager for its flatbed semi-trailer manufacturing Plant in Enterprise, Alabama. The QA Manager is responsible for ensuring consistent conformance to product quality requirements by developing and implementing effective Quality Systems, Processes and Procedures. The Quality Assurance Manager will oversee all aspects of the quality assurance department and staff, by developing, implementing, and maintaining a system of quality and reliability testing for the organization’s products and/or development processes. The QA Manager will report directly to the Plant Manager, and serve as a staff member of the Plant Leadership Team.
- Hires and trains quality assurance staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Develops, implements, and manages processes to ensure that products meet required specifications for quality, function, and reliability prior to delivery.
- Identifies and sets appropriate quality standards and parameters for products.
- Communicates quality standards and parameters to QA team, product development team, and other appropriate staff.
- Identifies and analyzes issues, defects, and other problems, particularly when problems recur in multiple products; recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues.
- Coordinate with Corporate Quality and Engineering Departments as necessary to address quality-related issues. Prepares documents and reports as required.
- Lead and manage small team problem solving events and activities to improve product conformance and scrap reduction.
- Reviews product quality feedback from customer and sales
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.