Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co. is looking for a buyer/purchasing agent for its flatbed semi-trailer manufacturing Plant in Enterprise, Alabama. The buyer is responsible for ensuring consistent evaluation of Trailer Production Orders (TPO’s) and Bill Of Materials (BOM’s) to accurately purchase products needed for trailer production.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure timely delivery of high-quality material and services.
- Oversee your daily workflow and product delivery.
- Conduct evaluations of our MRP system (Material Requirements Planning) to ensure the suggested items needed are consistent with our alternate system.
- Maintains a monthly and quarterly schedule.
- Maintain accurate purchasing records and provide regular reports to management.
- Responsible for placing orders in D365.
- Responsible for tracking orders.
- Responsible for going through TPO’s and BOM’s.
- Responsible for maintaining responsible inventory levels.
- Participate in weekly Teams calls for training and presenting.
- Be a positive influence. Always look for better materials, improved quality or shorter lead times to improve the process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.