Continuous Improvement / Manufacturing Engineer who will be working within a team on developing, implementing, and monitoring lean initiatives and various process improvement programs in the manufacturing plants.
- Identify, develop, implement, and monitor lean initiatives.
- Identify the training and developmental needs of the manufacturing plants.
- Will develop a written program for each of the training needs identified and present the program to management for approval. Each program developed will contain a method to document and qualify the individuals being trained.
- The programs developed may be a combination of live presentations, audiovisual presentations, or other medium.
- The CI/ME may need to use internal and external resources to assist with areas that require technical expertise.
- The CI/ME will help identify and develop trainers in each of the manufacturing plants who will implement the training at the local plant level.
- The CI/ME will visit the manufacturing plants to audit the training programs and personally conduct some training seminars/programs.
- The Ci/ME will act as a mentor and coach on lean tools including: Kaizen, waste elimination, 5S, identifying value, VSM, , creating flow, pull systems, kanban and problem solving methodologies