October 1, 2018
Continuous Improvement / Manufacturing Engineer | City of Industry, California
Continuous Improvement / Manufacturing Engineer who will be working within a team on developing, implementing, and monitoring lean initiatives and various process improvement programs in the manufacturing plants.
- Identify, develop, implement, and monitor lean initiatives.
- Identify the training and developmental needs of the manufacturing plants.
- Will develop a written program for each of the training needs identified and present the program to management for approval. Each program developed will contain a method to document and qualify the individuals being trained.
- The programs developed may be a combination of live presentations, audiovisual presentations, or other medium.
- The CI/ME may need to use internal and external resources to assist with areas that require technical expertise.
- The CI/ME will help identify and develop trainers in each of the manufacturing plants who will implement the training at the local plant level.
- The CI/ME will visit the manufacturing plants to audit the training programs and personally conduct some training seminars/programs.
- The Ci/ME will act as a mentor and coach on lean tools including: Kaizen, waste elimination, 5S, identifying value, VSM, , creating flow, pull systems, kanban and problem solving methodologies
- Bachelors’ degree IE, IME, MFE, ME
- Must be able to travel within the United States and Mexico, at least monthly.
- Must be able to speak effectively in front of diverse groups of employees.
- Must have strong written communication skills.
- Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering experience a plus
- Black Belt in Lean Manufacturing is a plus.
- Previous experience in developing a lean training program is a plus.
- Will work from our City of Industry location and must reside in Southern California.
- Technical knowledge of Semi Truck Trailer manufacturing and component assembly is a strong plus.
- Must be able to motivate and work well with people.
- Must be a proponent of standardization.
November 27, 2017
Drafting Mechanical | City of Industry, California
- Create Drawing and Bills of Materials required to support manufacturing plants in production of trailers on a per order basis.
- Understanding of sheet metal, structural fabrication, and welding. We deal with many types of materials like wood, plastic, aluminum, urethane foams and steels. Many types of fasteners are used.
- Learning processes and capability of our manufacturing in order to be able to design solution to customer requirement on various areas of the trailer, including but not limited to lower front subframe support, landing leg, lower rear subframe support, suspensions, braking, electrical and thermal performance.
- Resolve conflicts between various options called out on special trailer orders.
- Interacting with sales, engineering, outside suppliers, and other departments as required.
- Working knowledge of a CAD software package. ANVIL5000 is used and all Drafting personnel are trained in-house.
- AS400 data entry and retrieval. Training provided in-house.
- Two-year degree preferred in Mechanical Engineering. Understanding of drafting standards.
- Three years minimum experience in design of sheet metal or structural fabrication and welding.
- Excellent communication & organizational skills.
- Enjoy learning and working with people.
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills.
- Self motivated.
- Willing to accept responsibility, work independently, and follow directions.
- Good organizational skills.
March 5, 2019
Product Manager | City of Industry, California
- Develop and Maintain working relationship with vendors, and contracts.
- Manage and ensure proper inventory is purchased and maintained.
- Review, track and control inventory changes and production changes.
- Ensure only approved materials are purchased from assigned vendors.
- Work with production on ensuring proper materials are purchased and used. Follow up with vendors on material rejections from production.
- Expedite material from vendors as need to support production.
- Provide information as required to support production, engineering and management.
- Bachelors Degree, with a Technical discipline.
- Problem solving and corrective action.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Accomplished user of Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Sense of urgency and priority: Understands handling urgent matters first.
- Ability to look at the whole picture: Look at not just isolated problem, but big picture.
- Time Management & Organizational Skills.
- Microsoft AX experience.
- Observational skills: Monitoring work flow, look for potential problems.
November 16, 2018
Quality Assurance Coordinator | City of Industry, California
A Quality Assurance Coordinator position is available in a well-established, large commercial tractor-trailer manufacturer. Utility Trailer Manufacturer Company is currently seeking an experienced individual to join our Quality Assurance Team.
- Primary responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Proficient in both oral and written communication (BILINGUAL in Spanish a plus)
- Strategically plan and conduct quality audit reports
- Maintain department manuals
- Coordinate with vendors and factories
- Monitor production compliance procedures
- Identify nonconformance items and resolve issues
- Implement production; productivity, quality, and customer standards
- Insure the reliability and consistency of production through monitoring processes and checking final product
- Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing or related field preferred
- Industry expertise preferred
- Auditing experience
- A strong mechanical/engineering background
- WORD, EXCEL, and POWERPOINT knowledgeable
Expected Work Hours:
- Full Time Position (Salary)
- Monday- Friday 40 hours per week
- REQUIRED to travel two weeks per month: Virginia, Utah, Arkansas, and Alabama
May 6, 2019
Technical Sales Support Coordination | City of Industry, California
Career opportunity for an individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills, mechanical aptitude and good organizational ability. Duties include customer service, answering phones, communicating with customers in a professional manner, applicant must be computer literate.
- College degree
- Customer service experience
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner
- Research parts information (catalogs and drawings)
- Mechanically inclined
- Computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Handle customer inquiries by telephone & email regarding the status of customer quotes, orders, and change requests.
March 27, 2019
Warranty Specialist | City of Industry, California
- Interview Dealer Service Managers, Customers, and/or Suppliers on potential warranty
- Investigate potential warranty claims and advise Regional Managers
- Administer warranty policies and procedures
- Requires communications with other departments (ie: Engineering, Drafting, Sales, Manufacturing, Quality Control, etc.), dealers, suppliers and customers
- College experience
- Mechanical aptitude essential (commercial vehicle service shop or military training in the transportation/maintenance field is a plus)
- Exceptional cusotmer service skills
- Leadership skills, ownership of responsibility and excellent verbal and communication skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Statistical analysis skills a plus
- Database creation knowledge a plus
- Maturity: Leadership skills, good judgment, even-tempered.
- Product Knowledge: Required to supervise, direct others.
- Sense of urgency and priority: Understands handling urgent matters first.
- Management skills: Coaching, training, and motivational.
- Trailer maintenance skills: Mechanical background.
- Organization skills: Assigning tasks, attention to detail, prioritization.
- Ability to look at the whole picture not just an isolated incident.
- Observational skills: Monitoring work flow, look for potential problems in system.