November 27, 2017
Drafting Mechanical | City of Industry, California
- Create Drawing and Bills of Materials required to support manufacturing plants in production of trailers on a per order basis.
- Understanding of sheet metal, structural fabrication, and welding. We deal with many types of materials like wood, plastic, aluminum, urethane foams and steels. Many types of fasteners are used.
- Learning processes and capability of our manufacturing in order to be able to design solution to customer requirement on various areas of the trailer, including but not limited to lower front subframe support, landing leg, lower rear subframe support, suspensions, braking, electrical and thermal performance.
- Resolve conflicts between various options called out on special trailer orders.
- Interacting with sales, engineering, outside suppliers, and other departments as required.
- Working knowledge of a CAD software package. ANVIL5000 is used and all Drafting personnel are trained in-house.
- AS400 data entry and retrieval. Training provided in-house.
- Two-year degree preferred in Mechanical Engineering. Understanding of drafting standards.
- Three years minimum experience in design of sheet metal or structural fabrication and welding.
- Excellent communication & organizational skills.
- Enjoy learning and working with people.
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills.
- Self motivated.
- Willing to accept responsibility, work independently, and follow directions.
- Good organizational skills.