Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co. seeks an individual to perform journeyman-level welding, machining, and fabrication of metals for its R&D facility located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. This position will play a key role in the fabrication of tooling, fixtures and automated machines to further advance UTM’s manufacturing processes to support all manufacturing facilities located throughout the U.S. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and be able to apply appropriate machining & welding techniques to industry standards. This position reports directly to our Shop Supervisor.
- Assembles and tack-welds steel frames and other component parts of machinery and equipment in preparation for final welding: Measures and marks location and layouts for metal components on assembly table and/or jigs.
- Verifies position of metal components in assembly, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and tape measure prior to final fabrication.
Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills and lathes.
- Will work closely with engineers and co-workers to resolve machining and/or assembly problems.
- Will assemble machines, equipment, and their subassemblies, in accordance with engineering prints and/or other written and verbal specifications.
- Drills, taps, or reams holes, using drill press or portable drill.